Pages

12.05.2012

THANKSGIVING 2012

Etlan, Virginia

For Thanksgiving break we rented an awesome cabin a couple hours away from home with 6 other couples. We have such awesome friends here and we're so glad that we ended up in Virginia with them!
(Eric+Sallee, Todd+Kayli, Lara+Jack+Derek, Luke+Mandy, Bryan+Danielle, Alyse+Ben, and Natalie+Matt)
The boys went and played disk golf and Luke sent one into the Lake...and this was his attempt to retrieve it while everyone else watched him.
The dinner was dang good- everyone brought their favorite item. One of my new favorites was Lara's cranberry salsa over cream cheese! I cant wait for the recipe. (Hint hint.)
Im glad that Ben is picky about yams because he got put in charge of them, and they were bomb.
The next day some of us hiked Old Rag Mountain. Im not sure who won the coolest outfit award: Mandy (with odds and ends supplied by the cabin) or myself (with odds and ends supplied by the Gilberts.) I never seem to bring ANYTHING I need on vacations, which is how I ended up in Todd's shoes and Kayli's sweater.
I must admit, these shoes were very comfortable. 
Once we got to the parking lot, we could not find a parking spot for Todd's truck. This is what happens when you try and park a car where it does not belong.
Such a fun Thanksgiving. Such an awesome hike, which I got to remember for the next 3 days because I was so sore. 
It was our first Thanksgiving married and it was a success. I'm thankful for our relationship, our family, our friends, and especially this perfect new addition to the Bennion crew- Sweet Baby Tenley. She was born with my butt-chin so I'm a very proud aunt. Can't wait to meet her in 15 days!!!

1 comment:

  1. sal i love this!! so glad you have cute friends out there, and it looks like you had a perfect thanksgiving! hopefully see you over christmas...and love tenley's butt chin! it means she will be a babe like her auntie!! love you! ps i just barely posted a good shabby apple giveaway so come enter it!!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete