Pages

11.01.2012

Lets go Giants!

Once Eric heard his Giants were going to the World Series, he asked me if I thought it was time for a road trip. After school friday we started our 11 hour drive to Detroit! (I'm easy to convince.)
On one of our bathroom stops, we spotted this cinnamon roll stand on the side of the road that really should've been at a state fair. Naturally, we had to try them...
Not that good though.
Once we finally got to Detroit, our first stop was Mexican Village. Some of the chefs at my work are from Detroit so they told me which places we had to go to. I loved this little bakery, everything was like 50 cents. We did a little drive by the stadium, drove all around the city, and ate dinner in Greek Town (where the Tigers fans booed us.)
After dinner, I dropped Eric off to buy his ticket from a scalper and go to his big game. He happened to sit by the one other Giants fan nearby. She flew all the way from Dubai to come to the game. Worth it because they won! I hope Eric is as excited about our future kids as he is about the San Francisco Giants. Wahoo!
So happy the Giants won. It made the drive worth it because the next day we had to get right back in the car for that 11 hour drive. Before we left, I made Eric try and find where Eminem grew up. The houses and neighborhoods in Detroit made me so sad. So many house are burnt/abandoned.
Great trip, great game... Go Giants!!

4 comments:

  1. SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY love you! You guys are so much fun! After this post I now know that you and Eric are only friends with out of the kindness of your heart(s) because Derek and I are totally boring and you guys are super fun! You inspire me and now I am telling Derek that we have to go on an 11 hour road trip (I don't even care where...just somewhere)...but them he reminded me that we have two kids that would probably scream the whole time...oh well, a girl can always dream right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Lara that is what we are for! Drop Jack and Emery off for a sleepover and you guys can take off. Problem solved!

      Delete
  2. I love that you guys did this trip! It looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun sal! you are a good sport to drive all that way and let him spend a fortune on the game..but they WON so it was WORTH IT! tell woody that you two should just move up to SF and he could go all the time! also, you are a BABE and your hair has gotten so long and gorgeous! love you two!

    ReplyDelete